Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

Times are a changin'!

Goodbye...

Goodbye to many things.

Goodbye Newborn clothes, socks, shoes, diapers, bassinet. Goodbye big diapers, cribs, potty's. Goodbye booster seat, nighttime diapers, preschool.

So many changes all at once. Packing away the newborn stuff today has me feeling nostalgic. It's silly because my baby is only 6 weeks old. Or maybe it's not so silly because she's not a newborn anymore. And I miss it. And everything that came along with it. Our family is entering a new stage of life. Most of my babies aren't babies anymore.

How quickly it goes amazes me. And I'm so sad about it. But at the same time, I'm loving life right now and looking forward to the next steps too.

Emadaie is already smiling, talking and cooing. Into the next size of clothes and diapers. And batting at toys. I love interacting with her and seeing her in little person clothes now rather than newborn stuff. I'm missing the early days already where she would sleep anywhere. But my favorite nights now are the ones when she just won't let me put her down in her own bed. And she insists on sleeping with me. I love to smell her sweet baby scent and see her sleepy face as I drift off to uncomfortable, broken sleep. But it's worth it. I know it won't last forever.

As in my post a few weeks ago, the twins are fully potty trained and use only the toilet now. The potty's have been packed away. (Except for the one in the van. for emergencies only of course.) And a few days ago we took the side of their cribs off to make them toddler beds. They`re so proud to sleep in their big girl beds!

Atticus was registered for JK starting in the fall. He got some work books from the school and is so excited to start at the "Big School". Coming from Alberta, I'm not used to the JK concept. I guess I'm still adjusting to the fact that he will be starting school earlier than anticipated. I'm so proud of my little boy for adjusting so well to preschool. And I know he will do great in JK as well.

I could sit still all day watching all the different ways my kids are discovering the world. It makes me so proud as a mom.

Pictures to come... camera is broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment