Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Twincess Party

It has been a very long time since my last post and for that, I apologize. Our life has been extremely chaotic lately. But nothing exciting enough to write about.

Today had been a very big day in two ways.

Number One: My Baby girls turned one today. At 5:55 and 6:10 PM.
It has been a year full of exciting milestones, growth and definitely challenges.
I took a few minutes this morning before the kids got up to reflect a little. Remembering where I was a year ago today and how excited I was to meet my girls. I'm still in disbelief. Where did the time go?


We celebrated their Birthday on Sunday. We had tons of friends and family come down to the community hall despite the huge snowfall in the days before the party. There was lots of great food and treats and conversation. The kids kept entertained with bubbles and balloons. It was great fun and very hectic at the same time. It was a 'pink and yellow twincess' party.

The Invitation

Pretty girls all dressed up and ready to go to their party.


The monthly banner.

Food table and banner (That fell.)



Avah-Lynn and Grandpa.

Grandpa and his grandkids.

Cake table


Hadley waiting for cake.

Avah-Lynn after she hit her head
 
A huge Thank You to my sister who took some wonderful pictures while I ran around like a crazy person...


As you can tell, they were completely spoiled. Even Atticus!

On their Birthday, we celebrated first thing with the traditional Banana Pancakes.


Avah-Lynn impatiently waiting for breakfast.




All done!


And big brother being goofy.
We spent the morning at our class, Little Wonders. And my sister and her kids came over for dinner. It was a fun day!



AND


Number two: We received an offer for a DND rental unit!!!!

I was SO excited to see that offer sitting in my inbox this morning!! Essentially, this means that if we accept the offer, we will be moving to Petawawa very shortly. I will be able to live with my husband again!!! I'm really looking forward to it. So here is some info about the offer:

It is a 4 bedroom 1 bathroom row house.


 The living room and kitchen are on the main floor and there are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom on the 2nd floor. There is also an unfinished basement with laundry hookups. This place is quite a bit bigger than the place we're in now. 

The only things about this place that aren't good are that it's on the southside of the base and I've heard so many bad things about it. The other thing is that they only allow 3 animals. We have 4 cats.

In spite of those things, we accepted the offer!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It is more important to be together as a family than it is to wait for the perfect place to live. It has been long enough!

The possession date is April 28th which is very soon! I'm really looking forward to what's in store for our family in the next month.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lord your girls are adorable! Happy 1st Birthday Avah-Lynn and Hadley! Beautiful pictures Meagan (and sis!). Looks like they had a great party! I can't believe they're already 1!!! Seems like yesterday we were all waiting in anticipation for your girls to arrive... Congrats on getting your PMQ assignment! Sounds like a great place and I'm sure you'll all just be happy to be a family together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Where did you get those invites?

    ReplyDelete