Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Direction, finally!

HUGE news! We got our posting message finally! This has stirred up a huge rush of emotions that I can't describe in full. For starters, nervous, worried, delighted, Excited, confused, happy, sad... Pretty much everything all at once. I really didn't expect this process to be so emotional!

I was starting to think it would be another few months before we are posted somewhere and maybe  I could just enjoy the month of April. I had a bunch of appointments booked for the kids that month, The twins' first birthday party, Easter for the kids and Easter dinner with the family too. Chad's COS (Change of Strength, The date the military changes his file from his old job to his new one.) date is April 11th. I'm not sure exactly what that means yet in terms of our move date but Chad has a meeting about his posting on Monday.

I have already done the pre-registration on the IRP website (the relocation company) And they have lots of information on that site as well as lots of forms for us to fill out.

So I guess the thing I have to focus on the most right now is the twins' birthday party. It looks like the date of the party will have to be April 3rd. I was planning on having it later in the month so I would have lots of time to plan it out. And maybe there would be a slight chance Chad could make it. Well, that's not going to happen anymore. Now I really have to get going on party planning etc.

I have also started looking into all of the changes we have to make when it comes to switching provinces. There are lots!

Mostly I'm really excited to have some direction in our life. I'm not looking forward to leaving my extended family who have been there so much for me while Chad has been gone. This will be fantastic for our family though. And I can't wait for these changes to start happening. My head is just spinning with everything right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment