Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hopelessly Domestic

This is a tormenting personality trait for me. Honestly, sometimes I wish I could just laze around on the couch all day. Or cook a meal that comes in a box. Sadly I am not that kind of person. And sometimes I really wear myself out.

Do you know what I did this morning before my older kids woke up?

Got up with the baby at 6am, fed her and put her back to sleep. Made hamburger bun dough and left the buns to rise. Folded two huge baskets of laundry an put two more loads in the washer/dryer. All that before Atticus and the twins got up at 7:30.

Do you know what I was thinking while I nursed Emadaie at 6? I was thinking how much I was looking forward to folding the particular load of laundry that was sitting in the dryer.

Today is Saturday. Why couldn't I have just stayed in bed and slept?

Have I always been like this? No. Definitely not.

I could have said yes but I'm sure my father who raised me as a teenager would have something to say about that. (Hi Dad!)

In conversation with other moms, the topic of how much they hate domestic stuff; cooking, laundry, cleaning etc. usually will come up and I grow quiet. How do you explain that you love doing things normal people hate? The only answer I have ever been given...

I am meant to be a Stay at Home Mom. Whatever that means.

1 comment:

  1. I have another answer for you! A particular humanistic psychologist talks about how we can get the most fulfilling times from our lives in doing the everyday things. They are the things that make us lose track of time. a state of "flow" Other people may not have mastered the ability to find joy the everyday things that need to be done.
    Lately, nothing works better to calm me down than cleaning my kitchen.. haha go figure!

    ReplyDelete