Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Baking day!

Atticus and I spent the day baking on Saturday and everything turned out AMAZING!! I don't know if it was my awesome little helper or my new stand mixer... I just love everything we made. Poor hubby is living with awful Military food. LOL I tried not to mention the baking day to him! So anyway, I want to share all of the recipes so here goes...






Changes:
I used whole wheat flour, added extra Banana and cut the sugar by half. Instead of making two loaves I made some mini muffins. They only needed to bake for 30 mins. Both the bread and the muffins are so moist and tasty and make a great snack for Atticus!






This is my first time trying this recipe. The muffins are just amazing. They have just the right amount of spice and apple flavor. I find apple spice muffins generally have too much of one or the other.

Changes,
I used whole wheat flour, used 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon,  used white sugar (all out of brown) and cut it down by half, used chopped pecans for the nuts and did not make the spice topping. They are sweet enough without it!

These will go on my regular baking list. I think I'll try mini muffins next time since Atticus loves them so much. He also loved eating the batter... lol



I have never made Bagels before but thought I'd give it a try! They taste much better than the store bought bagels and are so light and fluffy! I did not take a picture of the bagels because they change shape alot when you boil them so they look kind of crazy! Next time I will pay more attention to the way they are shaped before they go in the water! I guess it doesn't matter because they taste great anyway!







Yes, the loaf looks a little wonky but this bread is good!  I use this recipe about  twice a week. It makes a huge loaf and it's so easy to do in the bread maker! The only changes I make to the recipe is doubling it and using only whole wheat flour. I think the loaf would probably look more normal if I didn't double it. I've never done that before though!


 This is the last recipe I want to share with you today. I made this for Sunday dinner with my family. We all pitch in and do a potluck kind of thing every Sunday. This was my contribution this week and it was a total hit with everyone! I wish I would have taken a picture because it even looked really good.
The changes I made were a homemade pie crust (I just wing it.) and I didn't use any nuts. I also did a basic crumb topping consisting of brown sugar, butter and flour instead of pie crust on top. 






No comments:

Post a Comment