Daisypath Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Change for the better.

It`s amazing how someone can say one thing to you and it can change your entire perspective of something.

I have been having such a hard time lately. Just feeling so frustrated with our situation at the moment and hopeless as though it will never get better. Today somebody said something to me that caught me off guard. I had shared with Miss Natalie at our Little Wonders class that my husband  has been away for 7 months now. And she said "Well, you know, you've been chosen to do this for a reason."

I didn't think much of it in that moment but it hit me hard on the drive home. (Which is a long one.)

We really are doing this for a reason. We're going through all this pain and separation so that our family can have a great life. Sure it is very difficult for all  of us now. But it's short term pain for long term gain. We have come so far. Seven months since Basic Training started and Chad is just finishing Phase 1 of his DP1 course! We are so proud of him! Just 2 more moths to go and we'll be out of the (training) woods!

My huge revelation of the day is I need to strive to go about this in a positive way. I NEED to be both mommy and daddy right now and love the kids the way they deserve. I NEED to uplift and encourage my husband right now as much as I can because he needs it. And I NEED to take time for my self as well.

It will continue to be struggle. I already know that. But we'll continue to get through as a family.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You're an amazing Mom but it's okay to ask for help too. :-)

    Any idea when you'll know where you're going?

    ReplyDelete